Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


We have to wait until next year to go trick-or-treating, but that didn't stop us from carving some super cool Jack O'Lanterns. Pumpkins came from our trip to a farm in Bykoš several weeks ago. The owners host an annual Pumpkin Picking event, which is attended mostly by expats longing for a little seasonal spookiness. They know a revenue source when they see one.

Garrett wanted a vampire pumpkin.


Ben opted for a more unusual design. Any guesses?


Enter your impression of Ben's pumpkin -- first correct answer gets a postcard from Prague. :)

Hope you had a harrowing Halloween! Next year, we'll be back on your doorstep, shaking you down for treats.

12 comments:

  1. Is it one entry per person/per household?? Just kidding! A clown/Ronald McDonald-type-ish Halloween version... I guess this guess goes to show how well I DON'T know the interests of young boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, isn't it *way* too early for you to be up?! Or have you not gone to bed yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kate:
    Ha... yeah..about that.. I was nursing Gabriel and nodded off for like 20 minutes (before I was actually going to bed)... so when I woke up, I was then Up and Awake for HOURS!!

    @Jenifer: Great guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R, J, & A -- I'm going to go ahead and send you guys postcards just for playing. :)

    But sadly ... no. You're all way off. You might have to know Ben a little better to know his proclivities.

    Rach -- email me your new address way out west. Jenz, I think I can dig yours up. A, I got you covered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, Rejector of Memes/Player of Contests -- nay on the nauga. What *do* they look like anyway?

    Parenthropologist -- Seems like more of Political Scientologist answer, no? And, again, no.

    But you two are officially in the postcard queue. I'm sending out the answer via the Czech post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would guess some sort of monster cat... but it is just a guess. Did you see the Signal frog pumpkin from our event? I should send you some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just returned last night from spending the weekend in Denver +and the postcard was waiting for me on the table!

    Thanks, it is great :)
    And I love the answer...Makes so much sense now!

    ReplyDelete